I LOVE SOUP ON COOL DAYS! THIS SLOW COOKER HEARTY CABBAGE SOUP IS PACKED WITH FLAVOR AND IS HEARTY ENOUGH TO FILL YOU UP. EVEN BETTER, IT’S HEALTHY AND WORKS WELL FOR A LOW-CALORIE OR LOW-CARB DINNER OPTION.
If you love flavor, you are going to LOVE this soup! Even if you aren’t a big cabbage fan, you’ve got to try it. The flavor from the sausage and spices overpowers the cabbage taste. So yummy.
It only takes a little prep before the slow cooker takes over. I sautéed garlic and onion, browned the sausage, and mixed in the spices and marinara. While it was cooking, I chopped my cabbage and placed it in the slow cooker. Once the meat mixture was finished, I placed that in the slow cooker as well, and then poured beef broth over the top. Give it a quick mix and forget it till dinner time!!!
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 Tbs oil
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1/2 head of cabbage, chopped
- Saute garlic and onion in the oil. Add sausage and brown.
- Mix in spices and marinara.
- Chop cabbage and place in slow cooker.
- Spoon meat mixture into the slow cooker.
- Pour beef broth over the cabbage and meat, and mix together.
- Cook on high, 3 1/2 - 4 hours.