Corn fritters with green chiles, cheese, and bacon – perfect fall recipe to go with chili
We are having chili tonight and needed a side to go with it. I was going to make normal *boring* cornbread, but decided to change things up and make these super yummy corn fritters.
I love this Sweet and Spicy Chili . . . it has the best warm flavors for a chilly day!
I flavored the corn fritters with green chiles and bacon and had an amazing result.
To make things easy, I started with a Jiffy corn bread mix and added a can of creamed corn . . . (I found a GREAT deal on a 12 pack of Jiffy cornbread mixes. Now my pantry is stocked for the winter!)
an egg . . .
a can of green chiles . . .
and some shredded cheese.
I then heated up about 1/2″ vegetable oil in a medium size skillet, and once hot, added a spoonful of batter to form each fritter.
I cooked them about 3 minutes per side, or until browned and crispy –
and topped with sour cream, bacon crumbles, and green chiles.
The perfect side for your next bowl of chili!
- 1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 egg
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 can green chiles
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese
- Crumbled bacon, sour cream, and green chiles for garnish
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix with a fork.
- In a medium frying pan, heat 1/2 inch of vegetable oil over medium high heat.
- When oil is hot, drop in tablespoons of batter to form fritters.
- Cook about 3 minutes per side, or until browned and crispy.
- Top with sour cream, crumbled bacon, and chopped green chiles.