Kid Friendly… ALL. THE. WAY.
Need an appetizer for a party with lots of kiddos present? These Bacon Mac ‘N Cheese Bites really fill the bill for your party needs because they are kid friendly but also (because of the bacon!) appeal to the guys too!
This Bacon Mac ‘N Cheese Bites recipe will yield 32-36 ‘mini muffin’ size bites of creamy bacony deliciousness! Bake for 20 min just before guests arrive, or make ahead of time and simply reheat for a couple minutes in the microwave or pop back in the oven to warm them.
Your savory treats WILL disappear, so do not plan to bring any back home with you! I took these to a Christmas party and they were gone in a snap! My 3 and 4 year olds said, ‘You’re a good cook Mommy, these are yummy!’ Ha. And kids don’t lie. 😉
- 1 1/2 cups dry macaroni noodles
- 2 Tbs butter
- 3 Tbs flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/3 cup bacon crumbles
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cook macaroni according to package, drain and set aside.
- Generously spray muffin tins with cooking spray and then coat each cup with a coating of breadcrumbs.
- Melt butter over medium heat, add flour and whisk until smooth.
- Slowly add the milk and simmer for just a few minutes.
- Add the shredded cheese (reserving 1/2 cup), cream cheese, salt,and pepper and stir until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Add the pasta, egg, and bacon and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin and sprinkle with a 1 tsp of cheese. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan before removing.