My husband and I have been loving sweetening our coffee with maple syrup. Hot or iced, I’ll add a splash of 100% maple syrup to whatever milk I’m adding to my coffee and it tastes so good!
This pumpkin latte is made with almond milk, maple syrup, strong coffee, real pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice – so I do consider a healthy pumpkin latte recipe. (My husband tried it and said that this pumpkin latte tastes like pumpkin pie! It would be great with a little bit of whipped cream too!)
I stocked up on canned pumpkin last fall so I have plenty of pumpkin for this season. It was so hard to find pumpkin last year! So when I did find it, I bought as many cans as I could! I’m ready this season to make pumpkin bread, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin muffins 🙂
Start by brewing strong coffee – add about a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice to the grounds before you pour the water over. This enhances the flavor of the coffee a bit and adds a bit of autumn flavor to it. Here is the Chemex setup my husband and I use.
Since we renovated our coffee bar, I’ve been loving making coffee at home even more!
Add a tablespoon of canned pumpkin and two to three tablespoons of maple syrup to the milk, depending on how sweet you like your lattes you may want to adjust the amount.
Heat the milk, pumpkin, and syrup in the microwave for 45-60 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds or so.
After the milk is heated, use a handheld frother to thoroughly mix everything together. I’ve linked the one that I have – it has worked so well for us and we use it at least once a day.
Top it off with some pumpkin pie spice and enjoy! (I just recently swapped out all my mismatched spice jars for these pretty glass ones and I love how organized my spice shelf looks now!)
If you like your coffee more on the sweet side, you may want to add more maple syrup.
- 1 cup strongly brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon canned pumpkin
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
- pumpkin pie spice for garnish
- Brew coffee, adding pumpkin pie spice to the grounds before pouring water over the grounds.
- Heat milk, pumpkin, and maple syrup in a microwave-safe measuring cup for 45-60 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds.
- After the milk is heated, mix with a handheld frother until smooth and creamy.
- Add the milk mixture to the brewed coffee and mix.
- Garnish with pumpkin pie spice.
Depending on your preference, you may want to adjust the maple syrup amount.
Any type of milk can be used in this recipe.