Who in their right mind doesn’t love appetizers? To me, that’s pretty much the best part of the Thanksgiving food 🙂 haha I’d rather skip the turkey and potatoes and just feast on dips and chips and crackers and spreads. Most appetizers can be super bad for you – high calorie, high fat, high sodium – it’s all in there. Of course we all still eat those things; because it’s Thanksgiving and it’s time to celebrate all that God has given us and that means good food! 😉 But if you’re looking for something a little healthier to offer as an appetizer, here’s a collection of 12 Thanksgiving/fall appetizer recipes that you don’t have to feel so guilty about 🙂
And while we are talking about staying healthy during the holidays, sometimes it’s easiest to start off your day with a metabolism boosting smoothie! These ones will keep you satisfied and help to curb the bad-food-appetite. Starting the day with a good breakfast is proven to help you not to pack on the pounds.
OK – now on to the Thanksgiving healthy appetizers!!
- This Spinach Parmesan Dip from myrecipes.com is healthy & creamy and perfect served with wheat crackers.
- Delish.com has this perfect Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms recipe for a punch of flavor . . . it’s like a mini pizza in your mouth – without the carbs. 🙂
- Buffalo cauliflower bites are all the rage right now, but what about adding sriracha to the mix?? These Sriracha-Buffalo Cauliflower Bites from eatingwell.com are low in calories, high in fiber, and are a great option for vegetarians as well.
- This Cuban Black Bean Dip starts with a soup mix – dip veggies, tortilla chips, or anything else in it!
- Mmmm – these crispy Sweet Potato Chips are sure to hit the spot at your next gathering – spicy and sweet chips combine with a cool sour cream dip and are so yum.
- This is one of my all time favorites! Babaganoush is almost like hummus, but smoother and even healthier. Even if you don’t like eggplant, I’m pretty positive you’ll like this 😉
- These Cherry Tomatoes filled with Creamy Pesto Cheese are gorgeous and will add a pop of color to your appetizer table.
- You only need 5 ingredients to make these Harvest Fruit, Goat Cheese, and Pecan Crostinis. Fresh, creamy, crispy, sweet – all things beautiful 🙂
- Better Homes & Gardens has this creative recipe for Mini Gruyere Puffs. They look stunning and so holiday-ish.
- The color of this dip is enough to make it to the Thanksgiving appetizer menu. It’s rich hearty flavor and creamy texture make this Butternut Squash and Parmesan Dip a delectable choice.
- You can’t go wrong with these Chili and Lime Roasted Cashews. SO tasty.
- AND – to end it all off – a sweet gooey version of Caramel Apple Nachos from Kristyn over at Lil’ Luna!
So there are some appetizers that are healthy, yummy, and pretty. 🙂 Try something new and add one (or two or three) of these to your gathering this year! Happy Thanksgiving!
Check out these Christmas Holiday Healthy Appetizers!