Cold brew coffee makes life simple! When you are ready for a cup of iced coffee, having some cold brew in the refrigerator sure is convenient. And it has a richer, smoother and less acidic taste making for the perfect afternoon pick me up. 🙂
How to Make Cold Brew Coffee the Easy Way
What’s so great about this cold brew recipe? The BEST thing is that you don’t have to have any special kitchen gadget to make this. All you need is coffee grounds, water, a jar and a cold brew filter.
I’ve seen other cold brew coffee recipes where you make it, then have to strain it. Not with this recipe! These cold brew filters make it even more simple; just throw away the bag of grounds and you’re set.
And, at just $.11 per bag, I think it’s safe to say they’re inexpensive! :-0
:: PIN IT NOW FOR LATER ::
Let’s make this. . .
1. Fill your cold brew coffee filter bag with coffee grounds, about 3/4-1 cup total.
Placing the bag in a cup makes filling it up less messy. Plus, it’s easier to dump the scoop into it this way. The bag opening is small on the coffee filter bag, so I have found that using a 1/4 cup measuring cup (putting it in 3-4 times) is the easiest way.
2. Pull drawstring tightly and tie if necessary.
3. Place the bag in a quart size jar and add 24 oz. of room temperature water.
The plastic lids they make for quart jars are wonderful for this. If you don’t have them, you will not regret getting them! They are so handy for stuff like this.
(You can use filtered water as well, just make sure it is room temperature.)
4. Let sit out of direct sunlight for 12-18 hours.
5. After 12-18 hours, remove the coffee filter bag and discard.
What a simple way to make cold brew coffee!
- 3/4 - 1 cup coffee grounds
- 24 oz. room temperature water
- quart size glass jar
- coffee filter cold brew bag
- Add the coffee grounds to the cold brew filter bag.
- Pull the drawstring to close tightly.
- Add the room temperature water.
- Place out of direct sunlight and allow it to sit for 12-18 hours.
- Discard the bag and refrigerate.
- Pour a small amount over ice and add your favorite creamer or sweetener for a delicious iced coffee!
Did you know you can make your own coffee creamers, too?
With 5 ingredients or less, you can make delicious coffee creamers for less!