TODAY I’M SHARING A PUMPKIN MAPLE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING RECIPE! SO DELICIOUS, AND AN AMAZING COMBO OF FALL FLAVORS!
This Pumpkin Maple Buttercream is so flavorful and tastes great on several flavors of cake. I piped mine onto chocolate cupcakes. So yummy!
YOU CAN EVEN TRY IT ON GRAHAM CRACKERS FOR A SWEET SNACK OR AFTER SCHOOL TREAT!
I USED A BLEND OF MARGARINE AND SHORTENING AND BEAT THEM UNTIL CREAMY AND BLENDED. THEN I ADDED SOME PUMPKIN PUREE AND SPICES, AND SLOWLY BEAT IN THE POWDERED SUGAR UNTIL IT WAS FULLY INCORPORATED.
THIS IS JUST A BASIC RECIPE, AND COMPLETELY ADAPTABLE, SO FEEL FREE TO ADJUST IT TO YOUR TASTE. YOU MAY PREFER MORE OR LESS PUMPKIN PIE SPICE, OR PREFER BUTTER IN PLACE OF THE SHORTENING. OR SIMPLY FOLLOW THE RECIPE EXACTLY AS WRITTEN. YOU WILL FIND THE RECIPE BELOW.
Pumpkin Maple Buttercream
A delicious buttercream flavored with a blend of maple and pumpkin.
- 1 stick margarine
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp maple extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 2lb. bag powdered sugar
- Blend the margarine and shortening until blended and creamy.
- Add the pumpkin, extract and spices and mix together.
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar until fully incorporated.
- Beat on high for 3 minutes.
- If it is slightly soft, refrigerate until it firms up.
- Keep refrigerated.