BLUEBERRY LEMON STREUSEL BARS
These moist cake bars are bursting with fresh blueberries and lemon. The cake is moist and tender and topped with a delicious buttery streusel… along with the fresh bursts of blueberry and tart lemon, your mouth is in for a treat!
I love that these Blueberry Lemon Streusel Bars make a big sheet cake full! Sheet cake recipes are perfect for serving a crowd or for gifting to friends. I made this big batch of bars and gave them away to several older people that we haven’t been able to see very much the past few months.
You can find the perfect sheet cake pan HERE! It’s our favorite. 😉
I like to use Jumbo muffin liners for serving sheet cake bars! Place a bar on a flattened muffin liner and then wrap in plastic wrap for individual servings, or put several on muffin liners and put them on a platter to serve. Makes it cute and less messy!
Be sure to dust the blueberries in flour to keep them from sinking to the bottom of the cake. I also like to reserve some blueberries to sprinkle on top of the streusel!
Try these delicious Blueberry Lemon Streusel Bars today!
- 2 cups flour + 2 Tbs, divided
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 stick butter
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease and flour a sheet cake pan or 2 9x13 pans.
- Toss bluberries in 2 Tbs flour and let sit.
- In mixing bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese, lemon juice, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs one at time. Beat well after each one .
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add to the wet ingredients and until fully combined.
- Gently fold in the blueberries, reserving 1/4 cup, and spread into prepared pan.
- Combine streusel ingredients together using a pastry blender or 2 forks. Sprinkle over the batter. Sprinkle reserved berries on top.
- Bake until golden on top and toothpick inserted comes out clean, 40-45 minutes.
- Let cool completely and cut into squares.
If you are a blueberry fan, try this yummy recipe!!