CRESCENT ROLL VEGGIE PIZZA
This Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza is one of our favorite recipes!!
A flakey crescent roll crust topped with creamy ranch spread and topped with fresh vegetables.
Growing up this food often meant a party was happening! We LOVE our crescent roll veggie pizza. The bright colors, cool & creamy taste, ease of serving, and ability to be prepped ahead, are all popular reasons for making this for your next party. 😉
I make it for my family for a summer lunch or even a light dinner! Pairs well with a giant bowl of fresh cold fruit and a bag of potato chips. Makes for a happy bunch of kids and a fun evening.
Why this recipe is so great:
- The veggies are so bright, fresh and colorful!
- It’s a prepare ahead kind of recipe!
- The crescent roll crust is super convenient.
- The crust is buttery and flakey!
- Ranch dip with all the fresh veggies is delicious!
- Everyone loves it!
What do I need to make this Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza?
- Crescent Rolls (I have found Walmart to be the cheapest by far!)
- Fresh veggies (red pepper, broccoli, carrots, green onion)
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Ranch dressing mix
- Cheddar cheese
I like to lay parchment paper on the pan before spreading the crescent roll dough for the crust!
Step By Step Instructions:
- Use 2 cans of crescent rolls and spread them into my favorite sheet pan, it’s the size of 2 – 9×13 pans.
- While the crust bakes, mix together softened cream cheese, sour cream and ranch mix, and chop all the veggies.
- When the crust is completely cool, evenly spread on the dip, all the way to the edges.
- Sprinkle all those beautiful veggies on the entire crust.
- Finish it off with a generous sprinkle of cheddar cheese.
- Pat it down a little so everything stays in place and pop it in the fridge until it’s party time!
You can make this several hours ahead of time, even up to the day before! So convenient for party and holiday prep.
How do I make this recipe in advance?
1. Bake and cool the crescent roll crust and cover it with plastic wrap at room temp.
2. Chop the vegetables and store them in containers in the refrigerator.
3. Make the ranch spread and store it in a container in the refrigerator.
4. A few hours before you are ready to serve, just assemble the veggie pizza.
Don’t be nervous to make this an entire day before! It will still taste so so great 24 hours later!!!
How do I store the leftovers?
Do you really think you’ll have leftovers of this delicious Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza?? hahahaha Just cover them with plastic wrap and store in the fridge until you get a craving for another piece. They will last up to 3 days!!
CRESCENT ROLL VEGGIE PIZZA QUICK TIPS:
- I use low fat cream cheese and low fat sour cream and it works just as well. Easy way to save some calories and fat.
- Use a food processor to quickly and finely chop those carrots.
- Only use the tops of the broccoli for the boldest color and flavor.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Try adding some different veggies, like cauliflower, tomatoes, or radishes.
A fun, fresh and creamy veggie pizza, perfect for parties and appetizers!
- 2 cans, refrigerated crescent rolls
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 envelope ranch dressing mix
- about 1 cup chopped broccoli
- about 1 cup chopped red pepper
- about 1 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spread the crescent rolls onto a parchment paper covered 12x18 pan, or 2 - 9x13 pans.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until crust is golden.
- Beat softened cream cheese with sour cream and ranch mix until smooth.
- Once crust is completley cooled, evenly spread ranch mixture onto crust.
- Top with the chopped veggies and cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate.
For another fun appetizer, check out these Bacon Mac N Cheese Bites!!