Are you a banana cream pie lover? If so, you are going to fall in love with these delicious banana cream cookie bars! Have you ever eaten a dessert that literally makes you happy because it’s so delightful? This is something that will put a smile on your face!
Banana Cream Cookie Bars
(scroll to the bottom for the recipe card)
This delicious dessert is a buttery, sugar cookie crust topped with a creamy banana pudding filling with whip cream and a vanilla wafer. . . . ALL the flavors of banana cream pie.
It’s definitely a crowd favorite!!
You’re going to start with a simple sugar cookie crust, and I use this one that we use for our famous fruit pizzas. It’s ‘sturdy’ enough to hold things on top of it.
Line your half sheet pan with parchment paper. This keeps it from sticking and makes it easy to get them out of the pan. If you don’t have parchment paper on hand, you can grease the pan, but using parchment paper would definitely be the BEST option!
:: PIN IT ::
After baking the crust, let it cool completely. I like to stick it in the freezer for about 25 minutes.
Next spread the banana pudding mix over and chill for about 10-15 minutes or until ready to serve.
After spreading the pudding over, cut it into about 24 pieces.
(It’s easier to cut into pieces after putting the pudding on but before you add the whipped cream and vanilla wafers.)
Right before serving, add the dollops of whipped cream and a vanilla wafer.
Then, watch all your guests’ face light up with glee when they taste it! 🙂
You can order the perfect sheet cake pan HERE! It’s our favorite. 😉
And, check out more of our sheet cake recipes. They’re a crowd pleaser!
TIPS FOR THIS COOKIE CAKE:
- LET THE CRUST COOL COMPLETELY BEFORE SPREADING THE PUDDING MIX OVER.
- FOR THE SIMPLEST WAY, YOU CAN SERVE EACH PIECE AND PUT REDDI WHIP (THE AEROSAL CAN KIND) AND A VANILLA WAFER ON EACH PIECE AS YOU SERVE.
- IF YOU USE THE CAN OF REDDI WHIP, IT WILL FALL RATHER QUICKLY, SO JUST TAKE NOTE OF THAT.
- IF YOU WANT TO “DECORATE” THE ENTIRE SHEET CAKE WITH WHIPPED TOPPING AND VANILLA WAFERS, I SUGGEST MAKING FRESH WHIPPED TOPPING AND DOING IT THIS WAY. DANIELLE FROM LIVE WELL, BAKE OFTEN GIVES THE SECRET TO MAKING STABILIZED WHIPPED CREAM THAT WILL LAST FOR DAYS.
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 2/3 c. flour
- 2 - 5.1 boxes instant banana cream pudding
- 3 cups milk
- fresh whipped cream or Reddi Whip
- vanilla wafers
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a half sheet pan (or pan approximately 18 x 13) with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the first 3 ingredients together.
- Combine the salt, cream of tartar, baking soda and flour. Add to the creamed mixture. Mix until combined.
- Spread evenly over the baking sheet.
- Press firmly into pan.
- Bake @350 degrees for about 20-21 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine 3 cups of milk and both pudding mixes.
- Beat for 3-4 minutes.
- Chill in the refrigerator while the crust is cooling.
- Spread the pudding over the cooled crust.
- Chill for about 10-15 minutes before cutting.
- Cut into approximately 24 pieces.
- When ready to serve, decorate each piece with a dollop of *whipped cream and a vanilla wafer.
*Reddi Whip is great if you're serving immediately, but it does fall quickly.
*if you want whipped topping that doesn't fall, make stabilized whipped cream. It will last for a long time!
TRY THIS DELICIOUS SHEET CAKE!