This Easy Chicken Broccoli Casserole is for one of those days when you need a quick and healthy and wholesome meal to serve your family.
That day that you have to feed everyone and be out the door in 1/2 hour…. or how about when mom is recovering from a bad cold and has no energy left to spend in the kitchen…. or when you are trying to get extra home schooling in so you can have a break next week… you get it. Life is full of crazy days and all you can do is roll with it, but knowing you fed your family something healthy, and bellies are happy and full, is always a good feeling.
What I like best about this Easy Chicken Broccoli Casserole is that it uses pre-cooked chicken! Moms, be sure to check out our post on 10 Reasons Why I Have Cooked Chicken in My Freezer . This post could totally help make menu planning and meal prep much more manageable for you if you have a busy schedule!
Cooked chicken, cooked rice, broccoli and cheese are what make up this yummy EASY CHICKEN BROCCOLI CASSEROLE! Add in some cream soup and sour cream for some creaminess. Mix it all together, bake it, top it with cheese and dinner is ready in a jiffy!
For an easy, mess free way to cook rice, check out THIS POST!
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 bag cooked chopped broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups mild cheddar cheese, divided
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 sleeve Ritz crackers
- 1/2 stick melted butter or margarine
- In a large bowl, mix together the cream soup and sour cream.
- Add the chicken, broccoli, rice, salt, pepper, and 3/4 cup of cheese. Mix completely.
- Spread into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
- Top with 1 cup of cheese and 1/2 sleeve crushed Ritz.
- Drizzle butter over the top.
- Bake uncovered for another 10-15 minutes, until cheese is melted and slightly browned.