You may or may not know that turmeric, the main spice in curry, has several health benefits.
The most amazing one to me is its anti-cancer effects, since turmeric contains the healing-compound ‘curcumin.’
(Here is a great article on the benefit of turmeric [read #6 about cancer!])
So, it doesn’t hurt to sneak some into a nice cold drink like this Iced lemon Ginger Turmeric Tea! 🙂
On summer days, I love having a nice, cold drink that’s also super-healthy for me and guilt-free!
I’ve been keeping my fridge supplied with this Iced Lemon Ginger Turmeric Tea, and my entire family loves it. My kids say it tastes just like “juice,” but they are getting so many health benefits by drinking this once a day, and it makes this momma happy! 😉
- 2 quarts water
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- Juice from 2 lemons
- Sweetener to taste (I use 1-1/2 - 2 T. THM Sweet Blend)
- Combine water, sliced lemons, sliced ginger, turmeric, and cinnamon sticks in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove saucepan from burner. Leave the saucepan covered and allow the tea to cool.
- While the tea is cooling, put juice from 2 lemons and sweetener in a pitcher.
- To add the tea to the pitcher, put a mesh strainer over the pitcher opening, and strain the tea as you pour it in, discarding the cinnamon sticks, ginger, and lemon slices.
- Taste-test and sweeten to your liking.
- To serve, pour over ice. Enjoy!