The best stir fry sauce recipe that is easy to make and super delicious.
Making a stir fry is one of the quickest and easiest meals you can make. But what really takes a stir fry from good to great is the sauce. A good stir fry sauce can transform a mundane dish into a flavor-packed explosion of goodness. The best part about this stir fry sauce is that it takes less than 5 minutes to make! And it only requires a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. So, if you’re looking for a quick and easy way to take your stir fry to the next level, then this is the sauce for you!
WHY THIS SAUCE IS AWESOME
This stir fry sauce is amazing because it’s so simple and flavorful. It’s made up of just a few ingredients. All these ingredients combine to give the sauce a deliciously salty, tangy and slightly sweet flavor. It’s the perfect balance of flavor and texture that really elevates the dish. Plus, the sauce only takes a few minutes to make so you can whip it up and enjoy it quickly without having to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. Another great thing about this sauce is that it can be used as a marinade or a basting sauce as well. So, if you want to add some extra flavor and moisture to your meats, this is a great way to do it. You can also use it as a topper for rice or noodles. Whatever you do, it’s sure to add a burst of flavor to your dish.
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE IN STIR FRY SAUCE?
- Soy sauce – Soy sauce is a salty and umami-rich condiment that can be used to season just about any dish.
- Hoisin sauce
- Rice vinegar – Rice wine vinegar is a type of vinegar made from fermented rice that is slightly sweet and very aromatic.
- Sesame oil – Sesame oil adds a nutty, savory flavor and aroma to the sauce.
- Lemon juice
- Honey – Honey provides a balance of sweetness to offset the saltiness of the soy sauce.
- Red pepper flakes
- Corn starch
You will also need a whisk or a spoon to mix the ingredients together. Additionally, you might want to have a pot handy to heat the sauce if you plan on using it as a marinade or basting sauce. All these ingredients can easily be found at any local supermarket.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE STIR FRY SAUCE
Making this sauce is incredibly easy. All you have to do is mix together the following ingredients in a bowl: soy sauce, hoisin sauce, rice wine vinegar, honey, sesame oil, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, and corn starch. Once the ingredients are combined, whisk or stir until fully combined. That’s it! You’re done and the sauce is ready to use.
If you want to heat the sauce, all you have to do is pour the ingredients into a saucepan and heat it over medium heat. Stir the sauce constantly until the sugar is fully dissolved and the sauce is hot. This is a great way to add more flavor to the sauce if you’re using it as a marinade or basting sauce.
That’s it! That’s all it takes to make this delicious and easy stir fry sauce. It only takes a few minutes to mix up and it will take your stir-fry from good to great. Plus, it’s incredibly versatile and can be used as a marinade, basting sauce, or topping for noodles or rice. With this stir-fry sauce, you can elevate your dishes with minimal effort and in no time at all.
HOW TO USE STIR FRY SAUCE
1. Choose a protein.
- beef strips
- sliced boneless chicken breast or thighs
- sliced pork
2. Choose vegetables – these are some of my favorite vegetables to use in stir fry!
- snap peas
- bell peppers
- bok choy
- baby corn
3. Use a wok.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks! / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
4. Cook the stir fry quickly with high heat.
5. Heat sesame oil, peanut oil, or vegetable oil in the wok until very hot but not smoking. Roll the pan to all sides so that all of the pan surface is coated in oil.
6. Cook the meat first. Then take it out of the pan and cook the vegetables.
7. Add the meat back in the pan with the cooked vegetables.
8. Add the stir fry sauce and stir until meat and vegetables are coated.
I love to serve this meat and vegetable stir fry over rice. My favorite ways to cook rice are:
Food Network says, “Start with the hard vegetables like carrots and broccoli. Stir and scoop vegetables to the side to make room for more. Then add the softer vegetables, like sliced mushrooms and zucchini.”
Taste of Home says, “Aromatic ingredients like garlic, ginger, green onions, chilies and spices. These ingredients are typically added to the oil first to infuse it with flavor. You won’t need much; a few teaspoons to a tablespoon of total aromatic ingredients per person adds a serious amount of flavor.”
Cooking Stack Exchange says, “I always find 1 generous cup of sauce to be more than enough for a standard-size (14″) wok filled with meat and vegetables, assuming it’s the kind of stir-fry that you want to be reasonably ‘saucy.'”
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 1.5 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp chilli flakes/red pepper flakes
- Whisk all ingredients together until smooth.
- If using as a marinade, heat until smooth and thick.
- If using as a stiry fry sauce, add to cooked meat and vegetables and cook and toss until thickened sauce has coated meat and vegetables.