Get ready for fall with the perfect snack of pumpkin spice candied nuts!
With the arrival of fall comes the craving for all things pumpkin spice. And what better way to enjoy this seasonal flavor than with delicious pumpkin spice candied nuts? These crunchy treats are the perfect combination of sweet, spicy, and nutty, making them the ultimate fall snack. Whether you’re hosting a cozy gathering or simply looking to indulge in some autumn goodness, these pumpkin spice candied nuts are sure to bring a smile to your face. Get ready to satisfy your craving and elevate your snacking experience with this mouthwatering recipe!
Why are pumpkin spice candied nuts a great fall treat?
Pumpkin spice candied nuts are a perfect fall treat, and here’s why:
1. Irresistible Flavor: The combination of warm spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves with the sweetness of caramelized sugar creates a flavor profile that is both comforting and indulgent. The pumpkin spice adds a unique twist that perfectly captures the essence of autumn.
2. Textural Delight: These candied nuts offer a satisfying crunch that elevates the snacking experience. The outer layer of caramelized sugar creates a deliciously crispy coating, while the nuts add a delightful nuttiness to every bite. The contrast between the crunchy exterior and the tender interior makes for a truly enjoyable treat.
3. Versatility: Pumpkin spice candied nuts can be enjoyed in various ways. Whether you’re snacking on them straight out of a bowl, topping your favorite fall salads with them, or including them in your baking recipes, these nuts add a burst of flavor and texture to any dish.
4. Easy to Make: Making your own pumpkin spice candied nuts at home is surprisingly simple. With just a few ingredients and a short amount of time, you can have a batch of these delectable treats ready to enjoy. Plus, the aroma that fills your kitchen while they’re baking is an added bonus!
5. Perfect for Any Occasion: Whether you’re hosting a fall gathering, attending a potluck, or simply treating yourself, pumpkin spice candied nuts are a crowd-pleaser. They make for a great party snack, a thoughtful homemade gift, or a special treat to enjoy on a cozy night in.
Now that you’re excited to try making pumpkin spice candied nuts, it’s time to gather the ingredients and get started. Here’s what you’ll need:
1. Nuts: Choose your favorite nuts for this recipe. Popular choices include cashews, pecans, almonds, walnuts, or a mix of different nuts. Make sure they are fresh and of good quality.
2. Pumpkin Spice Blend: To achieve that distinctive fall flavor, you’ll need a pumpkin spice blend. This can usually be found in the spice section of your local grocery store, or you can make your own by combining ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves.
3. Sugar: Caramelizing the nuts requires sugar. You can use either granulated sugar or brown sugar, depending on your preference.
4. Vanilla: This Mexican vanilla is the BEST. We use it for everything!
4. Salt: A pinch of salt will help balance the sweetness and bring out the flavors.
Now that you have perfected the art of making pumpkin spice candied nuts, it’s time to share the joy with others! These delectable treats make for a delightful homemade gift or a delicious addition to any gathering. Here are some ideas on how you can spread the happiness of pumpkin spice candied nuts:
1. Gift baskets: Create personalized gift baskets filled with pumpkin spice candied nuts and other fall-themed goodies. Add some autumn-inspired decorations like mini pumpkins or fall leaves to make the gift even more festive. This thoughtful gesture is sure to bring a smile to the faces of your loved ones. Our gift basket post here are some great ideas!
2. Party favors: If you’re hosting a fall-themed party or gathering, consider making small packages of pumpkin spice candied nuts as party favors. Tie them up with a ribbon and attach a handwritten note to thank your guests for coming. These sweet treats will leave a lasting impression on your friends and family.
3. Bake sales or fundraisers: If you’re part of a school, community organization, or charity, why not use your talent for making pumpkin spice candied nuts to raise funds? Package them in attractive containers and sell them at a bake sale or fundraising event. Not only will you be supporting a good cause, but you’ll also introduce people to the irresistible taste of these sweet and spicy treats.
4. Office treats: Surprise your colleagues or coworkers with a batch of pumpkin spice candied nuts. Bring them into the office and place them in a communal area for everyone to enjoy. It’s a simple act of kindness that can brighten up a long workday and foster a sense of camaraderie among coworkers.
5. Snail Mail: Using a mail service, you can still share the joy of pumpkin spice candied nuts even if you can’t gather in person. Send care packages or mail out small gift boxes filled with these delicious treats to your friends and family who may be far away. It’s a sweet and thoughtful way to let them know you’re thinking of them!
How to make pumpkin spice candied nuts:
First, prepare your baking sheet. (We can’t live without these baking sheets.) Using parchment paper is the best option, and I also like to spray my parchment paper with a bit of non stick cooking spray as well.
Next, in a medium saucepan, add sugar, water, vanilla extract, pumpkin spice, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
The mixture will look like this once it starts boiling.
Add the nuts.
Continue to cook over medium heat, constantly stirring. The mixture will begin as a very wet consistency, then change to stringy and stretchy, then change to a dry texture.
You will know the nuts are done when they look like this-
Once your nuts are crystallized, quickly dump the nuts onto the prepared baking sheet and spread into a single layer.
Let cool completely, 15-20 minutes.
Enjoy these irresistible pumpkin spice candied nuts!
- 1 T butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 T pumpkin spice
- 2 cups nuts
- Line a large baking sheet parchment paper. Grease the parchment paper with non stick cooking spray.
- In a nonstick pan, combine sugars, water, vanilla, salt, and pumpkin spice. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add almonds. Cook and stir constantly. The mixture will start as very liquidy, then turn stretchy, then dry and crystallized.
- Pour the almonds onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Let cool for 15-20 minutes.