WHIP UP SOME OF THIS HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS HOMEMADE GRANOLA USING PANTRY INGREDIENTS. IT TRULY IS QUICK TO PREP, SUPER EASY, AND CUSTOMIZABLE TO JUST HOW YOU LIKE IT!
Ready to try this granola?!? Just mix up some oil, water, vanilla and salt and pour it over a bowl of oats, sugar and nuts.
Once you mix it all together and spread it onto cookie sheets, you’re about done with the work, depending on your pans, you may need to give it a quick little stir while it is in the oven. Once it is crunchy and cooled, you can add in whatever dried fruit you like!
I made a large batch and put walnuts and craisins in one half, and almonds and a chopped up tropical trail mix in the other. They were both delicious and stayed fresh in my pantry for several weeks.
It is certainly worth a little extra time one day to make enough breakfast for dozens of days! We love having this breakfast option for those days we need a quick and filling breakfast.
- 7 cups quick oats
- 7 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3-4 cups nuts
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 Tbs vanilla
- 1 Tbs salt
- Combine oats, sugar and nuts in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together oil, water, vanilla and salt.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients.
- Spread in 3 large pans and bake at 225° for 2 1/2 - 3 hours. Stir every 30 minutes.
- Let cool and add in any other ingredients.