Happy December 1st!
Poinsettias are so beautiful, and I love them as part of Christmas decor! They are definitely a Christmas classic. These napkin rings are such a fun little project and can be made in just minutes. What’s nice about these is that they can be made by anyone . . . NO sewing is required. 🙂 And, you can do any color combos you choose. I stuck to the classic poinsettia colors today, but I want to try some other cool colors. I’ve seen some pretty awesome colors of felt these days. Hmmm, maybe I need to take a trip to Michaels. 🙂 So let’s get started . . .
‘NO SEW’ FELT POINSETTIA NAPKIN RINGS
Here’s what you need:
- a pair of scissors
- your color choice of felt (2 colors–1 for the flower, and 1 for the leaves)
- the printable pattern
- Print out the pattern.
- Cut out the pattern pieces and trace them onto the felt. You’ll need a total of 4 pieces. (Cut 2 of piece A, 1 in both colors.)
- Cut an ‘X’ into the center of the pieces marked with an ‘X.’
- Layer your pieces. The leaf piece on the bottom, next the flower piece and last the smaller flower piece.
- Fold the ring/leaf piece in half. (Piece C)
- Starting from the back of your layered flower, wiggle the petals up through the ‘X.’
- Adjust the petals until they look how you want them!
What a cute and easy napkin ring! But, you don’t have to use it for a napkin ring . . . it could be for any decoration or a headband or whatever creative idea you can come up with.
So, grab a friend and a warm drink, turn on a Christmas movie and try out this easy little project!