This Roasted Veggie English Muffin Sandwich is such a delicious and healthy breakfast or lunch option.
I have a new favorite sandwich that I can’t get enough of – the Roasted Veggie English muffin sandwich. This sandwich is packed with flavor and nutrients, making it the perfect choice for a quick and healthy meal. It makes a great on the go breakfast or lunch!
To make this sandwich, I start by roasting a mix of my favorite vegetables, such as bell peppers, mushrooms, and onions. You could also add some zucchini or eggplant if you wanted! Just slice them and toss them on a baking pan with a little olive oil and salt and place them in a very hot oven for a few minutes. It doesn’t take long!
Using a thick slice of portobello mushroom makes this taste very rich and meaty, making this a great vegetarian option too! The flavor combo of the mushroom, Vidalia sweet onion and red bell pepper is so fresh and delicious.
While the veggies roast, spread your English muffins on a pan and spread a nice layer of mayo on each one. I love Olive Oil Mayo. Once the veggies are roasted, distribute them onto the English muffins and top with a slice of cheese.
Place the pan back in the oven for a couple minutes to melt the cheese. I used muenster cheese.
You can choose to put a top on the sandwich or eat them open faced. These roasted veggie English muffin sandwiches go well with a bowl of soup, like tomato!
Looking for more breakfasts to make ahead? We’ve got you covered HERE:
- Whole Wheat English Muffins
- Veggies to Roast, mushroom, onion, pepper
- sliced cheese
- Slice veggies and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast at 400° for 8-10 minutes.
- Spread english muffins on baking sheet and spread mayon on each half.
- Top with roasted veggies and a slice of cheese.
- Put pan in the oven for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Top with an english muffin or serve open faced.