TRY THIS SWEET AND TANGY COLESLAW RECIPE AS A SIDE FOR YOUR NEXT BBQ! THE FRESH, COOL AND CRISP TASTE IS THE PERFECT ADDITION TO SUMMER MEALS.
You’re going to want to pin this easy recipe, so it’s simple to find next time you need it! Coleslaw is such a quick and easy side, and so many people love to have it at their family reunions and cookouts during the summer. This is my very favorite coleslaw recipe! (and my husband’s 😉 ) I started with a great recipe of a family friend and adjusted things just slightly to make it the way we love it. You’ll love it too!!!
I like to make it with part white sugar-part stevia, for fewer carbs and calories. Just finely chop your cabbage, mix up your dressing, combine them, and let it sit in the fridge until dinner time. So easy!
- 1 large head cabbage
- 1/4 cup finely diced sweet onion
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup milk
- Finely chop the head of cabbage. Place the cabbage and onion in a large bowl.
- In measuring cup, whisk together the dressing ingredients until combined and smooth.
- Pour over vegetables and toss together until mixed thoroughly.
- Refrigerate for 4-6 hours. (Tastes better the longer it sits, and can be made a day in advance.)