Easy apple salad made with honeycrisp apples, apples, grapes, walnuts, celery, and a sweet creamy dressing. Perfect fresh and healthy side!
I don’t know about you, but I am always looking for a good healthy side for lunches and dinners. Something that is easy to make, but still is packed with flavor and not just bland and boring. This apple salad is just that! It is so fresh and boasts a variety of crunchy textures that keep the palate wanting more.
My kids would eat fresh fruits and vegetables all day long if I would allow them – so this salad was a big hit with them as well 🙂 And I am happy to have a new side that they love, in place of chips or other processed snacks. This apple salad is loaded with vitamins and nutrients to keep them energized for their busy days of play 😉
Is this salad the same as Waldorf salad?
It is not exactly the same, but this apple salad recipe tastes similar but *better* in my opinion 🙂
What ingredients do I need to make apple salad?
- honeycrisp apples
- black grapes
- lemon juice
Looking for some more easy salad sides? Here are a few that are absolutely delicious to change up the menu 🙂
- Pea Salad with Red Onions and Cheese
- Copycat Cracker Barrel Brussel Sprouts n Kale Salad Recipe
- Pesto Pasta Salad
- Simple Garlic-Infused Kale Salad
- Cool & Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Creamy Ranch & Dill Potato Salad
How do I make apple salad?
- First, chop your walnuts coarsely, and add them to a medium sized bowl.
2. Then wash and pluck the grapes, cutting them in half if desired. My grapes were very small, so I decided to leave them whole. Add the grapes to the bowl.
3. Next, wash and finely slice the celery. You will want the celery pieces to be delicate and small rather than big chunks. The thin slices will add the perfect texture. Add the celery to the bowl with the other ingredients.
4. The star of the show comes next – the apples! Wash the apples and chop them into bite sized pieces. I chose to leave the peel on for the pretty color and the texture, but if you prefer to peel them, you can do that as well. Add the diced apples to the bowl.
5. Lastly, you will mix your apple salad dressing up. It’s easy, just 3 ingredients. Whisk light mayonnaise or Miracle Whip, lemon juice, and sugar in a small bowl until blended. Then drizzle the apple salad dressing over all of your ingredients in the bowl, and gently toss until all of the ingredients are coated with the dressing. Let sit in refrigerator for at least 1 hour to let flavors meld.
A delicious sweet and tangy apple salad ready to serve with lunch or dinner for an easy side! You can also add cubed chicken to this for an easy and healthy lunch. Enjoy!
This delicious apple salad is made of honeycrisp apples, grapes, walnuts, celery, and a sweet creamy dressing.
For salads, you’ll want a nice crunchy apple that doesn’t brown too quickly when sliced or chopped. The best apples for adding to salads are: Honeycrisp, Fuji, Pink Lady, Piñata®, Jazz, Envy, and Empire. Each apple has its own unique flavor profile that will lend to pairing with dressings and cheese.
- 3 Honeycrisp apples
- 1 cup of black grapes
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 3 stalks of celery
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 T. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- Wash and coarsely chop walnuts and add to a medium sized bowl.
- Wash grapes, pluck, and add to bowl.
- Wash celery and thinly slice. Add to bowl.
- Wash apples and dice into bite sized pieces. Add to bowl
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together mayo, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Drizzle the dressing over the ingredients in the medium bowl, and toss gently until everything is coated.
- Let the salad sit in the refrigerator for about 1 hour to let the flavors meld.