Zipper Bedding – the solution to our messy bunkbeds problem!
Plus a DISCOUNT CODE!! >> head HERE and use code SIXCLEVERSISTERS for 15% off
*We do receive a small commission if you purchase through our links (coffee $$ 😁!!), but all opinions are absolutely 100% our own.*
If you’ve tried to keep bunkbeds looking nice every day, you’ll agree with me that it’s not easy!
I’ve always felt bad watching my boys try to pull the sheet, blanket, and quilt up on the top bunk and get it all tucked in nicely. I felt like it just made them despise the task of making their bed!
No more. I gave up on forcing them to do it…..the kneeling on the part you need to pull up, or wrinkling what you already did pull up by kneeling on it. It just wasn’t worth the hassle. We had been just pulling the quilt up over it all and never tucking it in nicely.
I have to admit that it made me cringe when I’d walk past their room and see the messy bunkbeds. 🥴
Enter the day I discovered Beddy’s ZIP BEDDING.
It’s absolutely genius and I immediately knew that it was the solution to our problem.
I ordered the Nautical Navy (with minky blanket attached inside) and it’s perfect for my boys’ color scheme!
How to put on Beddy’s Zipper Bedding:
To be honest, I wasn’t aware of some of the great features of our zipper bedding when it arrived from Beddys.
The pillow shams are quilt-thickness, which I wasn’t expecting – the quality of those is amazing and not really mentioned by Beddy’s!
Another feature I hadn’t seen mentioned when I ordered was that the minky blanket has ‘extensions’ on either side when you unzip the quilt – so there is that “extra” bit of blanket to wrap around you better! I seriously love this feature so much!
So to put this bedding on, you just attach the “sheet,” which is sheet on the top but on the sides it is the quilt material, so that when it’s zipped, it becomes part of the quilt.
Once you put the sheet on, you just zip the quilt on (which is lined with the blanket, so you don’t have to pull that up separately).
We chose the minky cozy inside blanket, but they also have cotton as an option if you’re looking for something lighter.
What I love about Beddy’s Zipper Bedding:
- The absolute #1 thing I love about this bedding — it is the PERFECT solution for bunkbeds. It is now totally reasonable for me to expect my boys to have their beds made every day. It’s no hassle at all, and I’m not cringing when I look in their room anymore. 😆
- The zippers feel high-quality, very strong! I was curious if they’d feel like they could stand up to being unzipped and zipped every day, but these are heavy-duty.
- I also love that this bedding is all one piece – it makes it so simple for my boys to quickly make their beds in the morning (& have them looking nice and neat)!
- This bedding is so COMFORTABLE! My boys love curling up in their beds and staying zipped up most of the way like a warm sleeping bag. 😀
- It’s been super simple to wash this bedding – I do the quilt top in one load and the sheet and pillowcase in another. (The navy on our quilts did NOT bleed onto the white minky during its first wash, which is something I was watching for.)
- Lastly, the patterns that Beddy’s has to choose from are gorgeous! I have my eye on their pretty Vintage Blush for when my baby girl moves into a toddler bed – how pretty is this one!?
The investment is worth it, I promise you – and Beddys has frequent sales, so you never have to pay full price.
Plus, Beddy’s gave us a 15% off code to share with you — head HERE and use code SIXCLEVERSISTERS!
Once you’re used to making bunkbeds this way, you’ll wonder how you ever did it before you had zipper bedding!!
If you jump on the zipper-bedding-bandwagon and begin enjoying *easily* making that top bunk 🤣, we hope you’ll share with us either in the comments below or on social media!
In an organizing mood? 💪🏼 Check out these cute DIY bookshelves & desk!