Banana Bread is a favorite at our house, so I decided to make a Banana Bread Bar version with a sheet cake recipe! The amount of batter is just right, the bars turned out, not too thin, not too thick…. just perfect!!
And, of course, to make it a dessert, I lathered them in Cream Cheese Frosting. These Banana Bread Bars are dense like banana bread, so I made my frosting a bit thicker than I would have made it for more of a fluffy kind of cake. So delicious.
CROWD FAVORITE. 😉
The aroma and warmth from baking these bars is just what your home needs during this COLD weather. My husband couldn’t wait for them to come out of the oven. ha! And this recipe makes a sheet cake, so there is plenty to share with friends and family.
We love our sheet cake recipes and always want to share our favorite (the BEST!) sheet cake pan with you. If you don’t have it yet, order it HERE!!! It even comes with a lid for easy storing and transporting.
We love our sheet cake recipes, because they make it so easy for transporting and serving a large group of people.
CHECK OUT MORE SIX CLEVER SISTERS SHEET CAKE RECIPES BELOW
Banana Bread Bars
Banana Bread Bar sheet cake recipe, with Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Yield: 30 bars
- 2 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 5 bananas, mashed
- 1 Tbs vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease sheet cake pan, or 2 9×13’s.
- Beat sugar and butter together until fluffy.
- Add sour cream, eggs, bananas, and vanilla, and beat.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake at 375° for 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Beat cream cheese and butter together until smooth.
- Add the vanilla and powdered sugar and beat on high for 3 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool completely, then frost.
- Store in refrigerator.