easy banana zucchini bread recipe
I’m always looking for new and easy breakfast or snack ideas that use fresh fruits and vegetables. Do you love banana bread? Zucchini bread? This banana zucchini bread combines the two of my favorite quick bread recipes, and this Banana Zucchini Bread combination comes out spectacular! My kids also love this recipe in muffin form. I love to make this easy banana zucchini bread recipe as mini loaves for family and friends too!
MY FAVORITE THINGS ABOUT THIS BANANA ZUCCHINI BREAD RECIPE:
- Great way to use up ripe bananas. (Our Banana Bread Bars are another great way. 🙂
- Also a great way to use all of those garden zucchini that can be overabundant sometimes! (looking for more ideas on how to use up zucchini? We have so many ideas here.)
- Sneaks fruits and veggies into a snack that my children love.
- Freezes well.
- Can be made with added ingredients to mix the recipe up a little. (see list below)
INGREDIENTS FOR BANANA ZUCCHINI BREAD:
- Bananas – the overripe ones are the best, because they will make this bread taste sweeter naturally!
- Zucchini – a lot of people wonder, “Do I leave the skin on zucchini for zucchini bread?” Yes! The skin won’t even be noticeable in the bread once it is grated. It adds all those extra healthy nutrients, and you won’t even taste it!
- Sugar – normal granulated sugar
- Flour – all purpose
- Oil – you can use vegetable oil, olive oil, coconut oil, or even substitute applesauce for a healthier bread!
- Vanilla – I love to use this Mexican vanilla.
OPTIONS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BANANA ZUCCHINI BREAD RECIPE:
- Chocolate chips – about 1 cup
- Nuts – 3/4 cup
- Blueberries – 1 cup
- Dried cranberries – 3/4 cup
HOW TO MAKE BANANA ZUCCHINI BREAD:
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
2. In another bowl, whisk eggs, bananas, sugar and oil.
HOW TO MASH BANANAS:
- The riper the bananas, the better.
- Use a fork to smash the bananas.
- If desired, freeze the mashed banana in ziplock freezer bags.
3. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in shredded zucchini.
4. Pour into 2 greased 9×5-in. loaf pans.
5. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 45-50 minutes. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
QUESTIONS YOU MAY ASK:
Do I leave the skin on zucchini for zucchini bread?
Yes! As I stated before, you won’t even notice it once it is grated, and it adds a lot of extra nutrients. Betty Crocker says that zucchini melts into the bread, so it would just be an unnecessary step. Yay for simplifying!
How many zucchinis is 1 cup grated?
A medium zucchini usually yields 2/3 cup of grated zucchini. So, to get 1 cup grated zucchini, you will need about 1 and a half medium zucchinis, 2 small zucchinis, or 1 large zucchini.