I am a cookies & cream lover!!! Add salty, crunchy pretzels and you have an out of this world match. These Cookies & Cream Pretzels are super quick and simple to throw together, and are a perfect holiday snack or gift! I just made a batch for my family’s treat while we decorate the house for Christmas.
Other recipes I have seen and tried for pretzels similar to these, do NOT have enough oreo to them. A tiny sprinkle of crumbs just doesn’t cut it for Cookies & Cream Pretzels. My recipe is done in 2 layers, to help sandwich those cookie crumbs in between 2 layers of chocolate, ensuring you get some cookie in each bite.
Add a drizzle of bright red chocolate to give it that holiday cheer!
I started by spreading the pretzels out on a large baking sheet.
Once my chocolate was melted, I spread it thinly over the pretzels and then sprinkled all the crushed oreos on. This may seem a bit strange, but then I completely mixed the pretzels, chocolate and oreos together and spread them back out on the sheet. This will keep all that oreo ‘stuck’ in the chocolate. Mmmmmm.
After I let it cool and harden slightly, I spread another layer of white chocolate over the entire pan, and sprinkled more oreos on top. Add a nice drizzle of red, let it harden and break it into pieces!
- 4 cups pretzel twists
- 16 oz white candy coating
- 12 oreos, crushed
- 1/2 cup red candy melts
- Line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Spread the pretzels in a single layer over the pan.
- Heat 8 oz white chocolate in the microwave until completely melted.
- Spread it over the pretzels and sprinkle all the oreos except 2 Tbs on top. Thoroughly mix it all together and spread it back out into a single layer.
- Melt the other 8 oz of chocolate and spread this evenly over the pretzels. Do not mix.
- Sprinkle remaining oreos on top.
- Heat red candy melts until melted and using a sandwich bag drizzle the red chocolate lightly over the top.
- Allow to cool completely, then break apart.
- Store in refrigerator.
If you are a sweet and salty fan, try the recipe for these Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels. Addicting :-), but also perfect for gifting!!