If you’ve never experienced the tangy, creamy goodness of Alabama White Sauce, you’re in for a treat!
This unique barbecue sauce is a Southern favorite, known for its mayonnaise-based, vinegar-forward flavor. It’s the perfect accompaniment to grilled chicken, pork, or even drizzled over a fresh salad. So get ready to fire up the grill and get saucy with this delicious Alabama White Sauce recipe!
This is not your average barbecue sauce. Its tangy and creamy flavor sets it apart from traditional tomato-based sauces, making it a tantalizing taste sensation.
The allure of Alabama White Sauce lies in its unique combination of ingredients. Unlike other barbecue sauces, it is mayonnaise-based, giving it a rich and creamy texture. The addition of vinegar provides a tangy kick that perfectly balances out the richness of the mayo.
The flavor profile is further enhanced by the use of other seasonings and spices.
One of the reasons that Alabama White Sauce has gained such popularity is its versatility. This sauce pairs perfectly with grilled chicken, adding a burst of flavor that elevates the dish to new heights. It can also be used as a dipping sauce for fried chicken or as a flavorful dressing for salads.
The tangy and creamy nature of this delicious bbq sauce makes it the perfect accompaniment to a wide range of dishes. Whether you’re hosting a backyard barbecue or preparing a quick weeknight meal, this sauce is sure to impress your taste buds and leave you craving more.
Want more ideas for cookout recipes?
- Copcyat Chick Fil A Watermelon Mint Lemonade
- 40 Best Sides for Hot Dogs
- The Best Ice Cream Cakes to Make This Summer
- Pesto Pasta Salad
- Perfect Peanut Butter Sheet Cake
So, if you’re ready to take your barbecue game to the next level, give this recipe a try. Its tantalizing taste sensation is sure to become a favorite in your household. Get ready to tantalize your taste buds and elevate your meals with the deliciousness of Alabama White Sauce!
Now it’s time to mix and mingle these flavors together to create the perfect sauce. Follow these steps to whip up a batch of this delectable sauce:
1. In a mixing bowl, add 1 cup of mayonnaise. Make sure to use a good-quality mayonnaise to achieve the rich and creamy texture that this sauce is known for.
2. Add 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar and 1 t. lemon juice to the mayonnaise. The tangy kick from the vinegar will balance out the richness of the mayo and add a refreshing twist to the sauce.
3. To enhance the flavor profile, add in the seasonings. 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, and 2 T. of brown sugar. These spices will add depth and complexity to the sauce, making it irresistible.
4. For those who like a little heat, sprinkle in a pinch of cayenne pepper. This will give the sauce a subtle kick without overpowering the other flavors. Adjust the amount according to your preference.
6. Once all the ingredients are in the bowl, use a whisk or spoon to thoroughly mix everything together. Ensure that all the ingredients are well incorporated, creating a smooth and creamy consistency.
7. Taste the sauce and adjust the seasonings according to your liking. Add more salt, pepper, or any other spices to achieve your desired flavor profile.
Congratulations! You have successfully prepared the perfect Alabama White Sauce. Pour it into a jar, cover it, and let it chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
What do you use Alabama White Sauce for?
Alabama White Sauce is incredibly versatile and can be paired with a variety of dishes. Experiment with different foods to find your favorite combination. It tastes amazing with
- grilled chicken
- smoked ribs
- roasted vegetables
- onion rings
- salad dressing
Southern Living says “The key ingredients in Alabama white sauce are mayonnaise and vinegar. From there, the recipes differ slightly, but you’ll often find black pepper, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce, among other ingredients.”
Masterclass says “Alabama white sauce has a creamy, tangy flavor that sets it apart from most barbecue sauces, which often have a tomato or ketchup base, with brown sugar, molasses, and hot pepper running through them for sweetness and spice.”
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 2 t. lemon juice
- 1 t. hot sauce
- 1/4 t. onion powder
- 1/4 t. black pepper
- 1/4 t. cayenne pepper
- Whisk all ingredients until well blended.
- Store in a covered jar in the refrigerator.