Meat Lovers Cheesy Meatball Bites
This tasty dish is loaded with protein and is super simple to prepare. (You may even consider letting the kids handle this one!) Meat Lovers Cheesy Meatball Bites have crescent roll dough as their crust and are filled with pepperoni, bacon and a meatball, plus some sauce, cheese, and a sprinkling of Italian seasoning and parmesan.
Find the RECIPE below.
To make the ‘crusts’, roll out your crescent dough and cut into 12 ‘square-ish’ pieces. Now place each piece in a muffin tin, pressing out flat and slightly up the sides. Spoon a small amount of marinara sauce into each cavity, and then add a sprinkle of mozzarella.
Now for the meat! Chop up some pepperoni slices and mix with real bacon crumbles. Sprinkle a little in each muffin tin and place a frozen meatball on top. No need to thaw them! Top with a little more sauce and a little more cheese. Finish with a sprinkle of Italian seasoning and parmesan.
Pop them in the oven for 16-18 min, and they will be ready to be devoured!
- 1 8-oz can crescent rolls
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup marinara sauce
- 12 frozen meatballs
- 24 pepperoni slices
- 1/4 c real bacon bits
- Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray a 12 tin muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- Unroll crescent dough and divide into 12 squares. (I found it easiest to cut it into squares with kitchen scissors!). Press one square of dough in each muffin cup, pressing it down and slightly up the sides.
- Spoon a little sauce into the bottom of each cup, followed by a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese.
- Chop the pepperoni slices and mix with the bacon bits. Divide into the 12 cups and then place a frozen meatball on top.
- Spoon a little more sauce and a sprinkle of mozzarella onto each meatball.
- Lightly sprinkle with Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 16-18 min until dough is golden brown. Let cool a few minutes before removing from the muffin pan.