Mom’s Famous Cheeseburger Pie
Do you love a good cheeseburger? We do! So, when our Mom came up with this cheeseburger pie recipe many years ago, it was a big hit with our entire family. All the credit to this amazing dinner idea goes to our dear Mom! She hit the jackpot with this cheeseburger pie recipe. We all love it and rave about it every time she makes it! It certainly is a family favorite!
I had her tell me exactly how she makes it, so now I can share it with you. I think you will love it just as much as we do. It’s all the elements of a cheeseburger wrapped up in a pie.
Beef. Ketchup. Mustard. Pickles. Onions. Cheese. YUM!!
A cheeseburger in a pie form!
:: PIN THIS CHEESEBURGER PIE RECIPE FOR LATER ::
(scroll to the bottom of this post for the printable recipe card)
Start by browning your ground beef with the diced onions.
Drain the grease off and put back in the pan.
Add the W sauce, ketchup and mayonnaise.
Get your pie crust ready in the pie pan. We LOVE this olive oil pie crust! It’s healthier and better for you. But if you are in a hurry or just want a quick dinner, prepared pie crusts work just as well!
If using a store bought crust, these work well (better than frozen pie crusts). You’ll find them in the refrigerated section with the biscuits, cookie dough, etc.
Unroll one of the pie crusts and place in the pie pan. I like to use a deep dish pie plate for this recipe, like this one!
Next, place half of the ground beef mixture.
Squirt some ketchup and mustard over. This is how little or more you want!
Place 4 slices of cheese on top.
Place the other half of the ground beef mixture.
Add more ketchup, mustard and this time, dill pickle slices, if desired.
Place the other 4 slices of cheese on top.
Add the top crust. Pinch the top and bottom crusts together. Add a few slits for steam to escape.
I also like to brush a little bit of milk over, so that when it bakes it creates that nice, golden brown crust.
Bake. Allow to cool 10 minutes before slicing.
Eat until you can eat no more! Mmm, I’m craving a piece right now!
- 1 package prepared double pie crusts (or homemade double crust)
- 2-2.5 lbs. ground beef
- 6 oz. package cheddar or American cheese slices (about 8 slices)
- 1/2 onion finely diced (about 2/3 - 3/4 cup)
- 2 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- dill pickle slices
- In a large skillet, cook the onion with the ground beef until no pink is seen.
- Drain the grease off.
- Put the meat back in the skillet and add 2 Tbs. worcestershire sauce, 1/4 cup mayo and 1/4 cup ketchup. Mix until all is combined.
- Meanwhile in a 9" pie pan, place the bottom crust. (if you have a deep dish pan, that works well for this recipe!)
- Take 1/2 the ground beef mixture and place as the first layer on the crust.
- Squirt ketchup and mustard over. (as much or as little as you want!)
- Lay 4 slices of cheese on top.
- Take the other half of meat and add to your layers.
- Add more ketchup, mustard and dill pickle slices.
- Add the other 4 slices of cheese.
- Place top crust over.
- Pinch the edges of the pie crust to seal it together.
- Add a few slits on top and brush milk over if desired.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 30-40 minutes, until the crust is nice and golden.
- Let sit about 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with more dill pickle slices if desired.
Come back and tell us what you thought about this yummy recipe from our dear Mom!
HERE’S ANOTHER FAMILY FAVORITE!