This SPINACH PIE brings back fond memories. For every birthday, our mom would make us whatever meal we chose! Mom has lots of special ‘mom recipes’ and we all have our favorites. This is one of mine. This Spinach Pie is SO GOOD.
It is rich, hearty, filling and full of flavor. Definitely can take the category of comfort food!
It now has become one of my husband’s top favorites as well. 🙂
Our easy and delicious Spinach Pie is packed with spinach, sausage, cottage cheese, garlic, and lots of cheese.
Mix all the ingredients together and pile them into a crust. Bake it and dinner is served!
My favorite pie crust is our OLIVE OIL PIE CRUST. It doesn’t need any chill time, and without having butter or shortening to cut in, it’s a much quicker process than most pie crusts. The olive oil makes a flaky and crispy crust that you have just got to try!!
While I have all these ingredients on hand, I like to mix up some of these Spinach & Sausage Egg Cups real quick for a few days of breakfast! Time saving prep is a big thing at my house…. this is another one of those ways to get something else done while working on dinner and having the satisfaction of keeping your family well cared for!
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- 1 12 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained WELL
- 1/2 - 1 lb ground sausage, cooked and drained
- garlic powder
- Crust for one pie
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Beat eggs in large bowl and add cheeses.
- Add drained spinach and cooked sausage.
- Mix well and sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Spoon into a 9" pie crust. Top with a second crust and finish off like a normal pie.
- Bake at 375° for one hour.
- Let sit 15-20 minutes before slicing and serving.