Nothing says ‘FALL’ to us Sisters like this long time family recipe! I think 3 of us had these amazingly moist and delicious Pumpkin Bars in our houses just this week.
I love this recipe, because it makes a whole sheet cake pan full! It’s perfect for serving a large amount of people, or dividing on to platters to gift to a few friends at a time. Your friends will love you for it, trust me. 😉
Cream Cheese Frosting.
This sheet cake pan is our absolute favorite! You can order it on Amazon, and it is well worth the cost. The lid makes it especially nice for frosted desserts, like these Pumpkin Bars. No having to deal with plastic wrap wasting all that precious Cream Cheese Frosting.
Check out our site for several more delicious sheet cake recipes. They are honestly my favorite desserts for serving a crowd, as I often do. So many options and so easy to transport and serve… seriously can’t beat it!
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 15oz can pumpkin
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 sticks margarine, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- Beat eggs, oil, sugar and pumpkin together until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry mix to the pumpkin mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Spread in an ungreased sheet cake pan and bake at 350° for 25-30 min.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Beat cream cheese and margarine until fully smooth.
- Gradually add vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Beat until creamy.
- Frost the cooled bars.
Find more Sheet Cake Recipes below!!