These Pumpkin Streusel Bars are MARVELOUS! Moist tender cake, topped with a sugar-y cinnamon-y nutmeg-y streusel topping and finished off with a light maple glaze. Perfect for breakfast, dessert, and any time in between. 😉
This is a version of our popular Sheet Cake recipe, Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting, which is also amazing, but more rich than these streusel bars.
If you want something with no frosting, or something more like coffee cake, give these Pumpkin Streusel Bars a try! The cake itself is moist and so pumpkin-y. Add on the streusel- that bakes up nice and crunchy. Just perfect!
The Maple Glaze is totally optional and not even needed, but I think it adds that final touch in look and taste. Don’t the bars with the glaze look beautiful? 🙂 And I personally LOVE maple, so it was necessary for me to add this simple glaze.
We love our sheet cake recipes and always want to share our favorite (the BEST!) sheet cake pan with you. If you don’t have it yet, order it HERE!!! It even comes with a lid for easy storing and transporting.
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 15oz can pumpkin
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 t pumpkin pie spice
- 2 Tbs butter
- 2 tsp maple flavor
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- dash of milk or cream,
- Beat eggs, oil, sugar, and pumpkin together until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Gradually add the dry mix to the pumpkin mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Spread in and ungreased sheet cake pan.
- Mix the streusel ingredients together until it resembles sand. Sprinkle evenly over the batter.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 min.
- Allow cake to cool.
- Mix glaze ingredients together, adding just enough milk to give it a drippy consistency. Drizzle lightly over entire cake.
CHECK OUT MORE SIX CLEVER SISTERS SHEET CAKE RECIPES BELOW