Chilly, autumn mornings call for warm, cozy breakfasts!! These Sheet Pan Apple Pancakes are just that!
I love how moist and cinnamon-y these Sheet Pan Apple Pancakes are. Making pancakes in a sheet pan is a nice way to serve several people and have it hot for everyone at the same time. It also gives you a chance to do some kitchen clean up while they are in the oven! Or make some eggs and sausage.
The sliced apples on top are brushed with butter and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar before baking, and taste so tender and buttery. I love how rustic this dish looks!
The brown sugar butter syrup can be made in the microwave in less than 5 minutes. Drizzle it over your pancake and you are in for a delicious treat! If you prefer maple syrup, of course, that is a great option too. I prefer this rich, buttery syrup myself!! It is amazing.
These Sheet Pan Apple Pancakes make 12 big servings! Of course, you can purchase our favorite sheet pan HERE. It is about the size of 2 -9×13 pans. The pancake is so moist from the grated apple mixed in the batter, yuuuuummmmmmy. My family only ate about half of it for our meal, so the next morning we reheated pieces in the microwave, along with reheating the syrup, and both tasted just as good on the second day. You could also freeze individual pieces in bags and have several breakfasts prepared ahead of time! Just get it out the night before to thaw, and warm it in the morning.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 Tbs ground flax
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 Tbs vanilla
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 4 Tbs butter, melted, plus 1 Tbs, melted
- 4 apples, 2 grated & 2 thinly sliced
- 2 Tbs sugar, mixed with 1/4 tsp cinnamon
brown sugar butter syrup
- 2 Tbs butter
- 4 Tbs milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Prehat oven to 400°. Grease a 13 x 18 sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, flax, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Beat together eggs, 4 Tbs melted butter, maple syrup, vanilla, and milk. Mix in grated apple (about 2 cups).
- Stir flour mixture into wet ingredients, just until combined. Pour into baking pan and spread evenly.
- Arranged thinly sliced apples over the top of batter. Lightlly brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake 20 - 22 minutes until golden brown and set in the center. Let cool 10-15 minutes. Cut into 12 large squares.
- While pancake is baking, in a 2 cup measuring cup, mix butter, milk and brown sugar. Heat in microwave about 30 sesconds until melted. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Whisk in powdered sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Drizzle over warm pancakes. Enjoy!!