Strawberry Oatmeal Bars Recipe
Strawberries are one of my *favorite* fruits! When they’re in season, we go through quarts and quarts of them because I have four kiddos who LOVE fresh strawberries.
We’re also growing them in our garden for the 2nd year in a row, so it’s fun to be able to make yummy things to eat with them, like these Strawberry Oatmeal Bars!
These Strawberry Oatmeal Bars are pretty simple to make, and this recipe makes a 9×13 pan, so you’ll have plenty to serve up. 😉
I’ve made Jessica’s Strawberry Oatmeal Bars in the past, and they use strawberry *jam* and are delicious. But I really wanted to have a recipe with fresh strawberries, since we get so many of them!
I’ve been giving these to my kids for breakfast, because we *love* Oatmeal Breakfast Recipes! But I sure can imagine these as dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top…..mmmmm……
How to Make Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
Preheat your oven to 350 F. and get your 9×13 pan ready. I love using parchment paper because my baked goods come out of the pan easily and leaves the pan *almost* clean.
For the crust, mix sugar and melted butter in your stand mixer. Then you’ll add the egg and vanilla and beat for one minute.
Add your flour, oats, salt, and baking soda and mix just until combined. (I love that there are twice as many oats than flour in this recipe!)
Press the crust evenly into your prepared pan.
Next, you’ll layer sliced strawberries over the crust, and then sprinkle with 2 T. flour. That flour will thicken up the strawberry juice when it cooks.
Now you’ll prepare the topping: combine oats, flour, sugar, and baking powder in a small bowl. (I used a fork to toss the dry ingredients.) Add melted butter and mix it with your fork until the mixture is crumbly.
Sprinkle the crumbly topping evenly over the strawberry layer.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until it gets light brown. Enjoy!
We love to see your photos! Be sure to tag us on social media when you make our Strawberry Oatmeal Bars! @sixcleversisters #sixcleversisters
Strawberry Oatmeal Bars Recipe
For the Crust
- 3/4 c. butter, melted
- 2/3 c. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 c. flour
- 2 c. quick oats
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 t. baking soda
For the strawberry center
- About 2 cups fresh strawberries, washed & sliced
- 2 T. all-purpose flour
For the Topping
- 1 c. quick oats
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/3 c. melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare a 9x13 pan with cooking spray or parchment paper.
- For the crust, mix the melted butter and brown sugar in stand mixer.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix for one minute.
- Add flour, oats, salt, & baking soda and mix just until combined.
- Press crust into pan evenly.
- Layer sliced strawberries over crust, then sprinkle with 2 T. flour.
- For the topping, combine oats, flour, sugar & baking powder in a small bowl.
- Add melted butter and mix with a fork until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumb topping evenly over strawberry layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 F.
Best served same day. Store leftovers in the fridge.
Hi! Do you store these in the fridge or leave them out? Thanks!
Whatever is not eaten on day one, I put in the fridge. 🙂