This Cashew Coconut Turmeric Granola is so easy to make and loaded with health benefits and flavors.
The blend of spices: cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, and pepper is warm and bold! Plus the sweetness and nuttiness of the cashews and coconut is so delicious.
I used a mix of old fashioned and quick oats, and raw cashews and coconut chips. The coconut chips are much bigger than coconut shreds or flakes and give a more natural coconut flavor. I found mine at Kroger! The cashews and coconut get mixed into the oats, along with brown sugar, so they crisp up while the granola is baking.
We sisters like to slow bake our granola, at a low temp for a few hours. And the less you stir, the bigger chunks you will get!
My favorite way to eat this cashew coconut turmeric granola is in a bowl with milk and drizzled with honey!! So so yummy.
Check out our blog for more oatmeal recipes!!
Like this, Easy Baked Oatmeal.
Or, our delicious Peanut Butter Granola.
And yummy, Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies!
To make Cashew Coconut Turmeric Granola, you’ll need to mix your dry ingredients in a very large bowl. Then, in a large measuring cup, whisk together the oil, water, and spices. Mix the two together and spread onto a large baking sheet.
Bake your granola in a 225° oven for 2-3 hours, stirring just enough to keep the edges form burning.
Once the whole pan is crisp, remove it from the oven and allow to cool completely. Store it in an airtight container and it will last weeks!
Cashew Coconut Turmeric Granola
- 3 1/2 cups quick oats
- 3 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut chips
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbl turmeric
- 1 Tbl vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp black pepper
- In a very large bowl, mix together oats, brown sugar, cashews, and coconut.
- In another bowl, or glass measuring cup, whisk together the remaining items.
- Pour the liquid over the oat mixture and stir until fully combined.
- Spread onto a large baking sheet and bake in a 225° oven for 2-3 hours. Keep a close eye on the edges and stir gently as needed.
- Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
What kind of oil?