Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies Recipe
Have busy running-out-the door mornings? Need a energy loaded, heart healthy breakfast to go? Here’s the recipe for you!
These Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies are a cinch to whip up and have on hand for breakfast all week long. Your kids will love them too.
Think of a soft chewy granola bar…. these breakfast cookies have a blend of quick oats AND old fashioned oats which I love! Throw in some raisins and sunflower seeds for some extra energy. The peanut butter will give you plenty of protein, and the chocolate chips will help you start your day with a smile. 😉
Sweetened with honey and banana, you’ll not see any white sugar on the ingredient list!
I love to make sure my kiddos start their day with a good breakfast. Every now and then, it just doesn’t happen, but I love to have these as an option for some of those off schedule kinda days.
You can store them at room temperature for a week, or put a batch in the freezer in individual bags and simply pull one out and place it on the counter the night before, so it’s thawed and ready to eat in the morning.
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°. Lightly grease large baking sheet.
- Mix first 6 ingredients together in mixing bowl.
- Fold in the sunflower seeds, craisins, and chocolate chips.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto prepared pan. Lightly flatten each mound.
- Bake at 325° for 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely on pan.
For our STRAWBERRY OATMEAL BARS (with fresh strawberries), go here.
Do you love oatmeal recipes? Be sure to check out ALL our oatmeal recipes HERE!