We love pumpkin in our house – pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin yogurt, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin candles . . . I just love it so much. I’m in my first trimester of my first pregnancy (!!!) and the smell and taste of coffee hasn’t been very appealing to me lately. But I still want to enjoy creamy, warm drinks because it is fall after all. Many, many years ago, my family visited my mom’s sister in the PNW and she introduced us to steamers. A warm, creamy milk drink flavored with syrup and topped with frothy milk. It’s a great option for someone staying away from caffeine, or for your littles who want to feel like they’re drinking coffee with Mommy 😉
I came up with this Pumpkin Oatmilk Steamer this past week and I was so happy with the way it tasted. I sweetened it with a little bit of brown sugar so it has a beautiful rich sweetness to it. And I used canned pumpkin for a nice smooth texture.
Ok, here’s the recipe!
– In a small saucepan on the stove over medium heat, warm milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice.
– Whisk gently until everything is dissolved and combined.
– Heat until the milk mixture is slightly bubbly around the edges, stirring constantly.
– Serve warm topped with warm, frothed vanilla milk.
This recipe serves just one, but you can easily multiply it for a warm pot of pumpkin steamers for everyone!
Pumpkin Oatmilk Steamer
This creamy, dairy-free steamer is a delicious fall drink - smooth pumpkin spiced with pumpkin pie spice, and topped with a warm vanilla froth!
- 1 1/4 cup oatmilk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm 1 cup of milk, pumpkin, sugar and spices.
- Whisk until everything is combined and dissolved.
- Continue stirring until milk mixture is heated through and slightly bubbly around the edges.
- Pour into a mug and set aside.
- Heat remaining milk and vanilla and froth until foamy.
- Top steamer with frothed milk and enjoy!
Here is my post on how I made this beautiful navy coffee bar from an old piece of furniture!
If you’re looking for more pumpkin recipes, we have dozens on our site. Like these ones:
Choco Chip Pumpkin Ice Cream Cake
This is our most popular pumpkin recipe – Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting