Biscuits and Gravy Casserole is an easy to make, hearty breakfast! Perfect for weekends, holidays and a great start to a long busy day!
Canned biscuit dough topped with browned breakfast sausage, cheese, eggs beaten with milk, and country gravy… bake it until it’s puffed up and bubbly.
This is a yummy way to start the day!
Biscuits and Gravy Casserole
It’s always satisfying to wake my house full of kids to the yummy smell of breakfast wafting through the house. I have some big eaters, and when they know they get to fill up on some hearty casserole to start their day… you can count on some great attitudes. 🙂 Biscuits and Gravy casserole is savory, hearty, and filling. Serve it with a side of fresh or canned fruit and some juice!
We have a lot of quick and easy breakfast recipes we know you’ll love. Here are some favorites:
BAKED OATMEAL | EASY BREAKFAST CASSEROLE | OATMEAL BREAKFAST COOKIES | ONE POT SAUSAGE GRAVY | SPINACH & SAUSAGE EGG CUPS |
Ingredients Needed for Biscuits & Gravy Casserole
Here’s the list of what you will need to make our Biscuits and Gravy Casserole:
- Refrigerated canned biscuit dough – I used Kroger store brand, the large biscuits!
- Ground sausage – I use a mild breakfast sausage!
- Shredded cheese – I use medium cheddar for this recipe!
- Eggs – slightly beaten!
- Milk – any will do!
- Salt and pepper – to taste!
- Peppered gravy mix – I use the Pioneer brand (just add water) that makes 2 cups!
How to Make Biscuits and Gravy Casserole
Preheat oven to 350F.
Grease a 13×9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
In a large skillet, brown the sausage over medium heat until completely cooked. Drain the fat and set aside.
Cut each biscuit into 4 and spread the pieces out over the bottom of the prepared pan in an even layer.
Sprinkle the browned sausage over the biscuit layer.
Sprinkle cheese over the sausage.
Whisk together the eggs and milk, and salt and pepper to taste, and evenly pour it over the casserole.
Make the gravy packet according to the directions and pour over the top of the casserole.
Bake at 350°, and get ready for a warm yummy breakfast!
Can I make this casserole ahead?
Yes! You can make this casserole the night before you need it. Follow instructions to make as directed, but instead of baking it, cover it tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
In the morning, remove the casserole from the refrigerator and let it start to come to room temperature while the oven preheats. Bake the casserole and add about 15-20 minutes to the baking time. Check the casserole during the last 15 minutes of baking time to be sure it doesn’t burn!
Biscuits & Gravy Casserole
Biscuit dough topped with sausage, eggs, cheese, and gravy.
- Refrigerated canned biscuit dough, 8 large biscuits
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 package Country Gravy mix, makes 2 cups
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 13×9 pan with cooking spray.
- In a skillet, brown the sausage until completely cooked. Drain the fat and set aside.
- Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces and spread in the bottom of the pan in an even layer.
- Sprinkle the cooked sausage crumbles over the biscuits.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the sausage.
- Beat the eggs, milk, salt and pepper together and evenly pour over the whole pan.
- Make the gravy according to the directions on the packet and pour over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until golden brown.